Feedback

Oct 22, 2008 at 9:44 PM
Edited Oct 23, 2008 at 7:57 AM
Hi Josh,

I didn't know where the best place would be for these feedback suggestions, so I started this post.

This looks very usefull, but to really be able to test its usefullness I would have to get a real problem that needs solving. I am forsure going to try out this tool when I see an oppertunity for it. Shouldn't take too long ;)

I have three small suggestions:
- Why not include the two Iron Python libraries in a lib folder with the code and reference that, I needed to download both the code and the libraries just to be able to compile the code.
- The actual debugger window should remember its size settings from a previous resize action, for my laptop the window is slightly to big and I know it will annoy me if I have to keep resizing it.
- The annimations in the debugger window I can live without, so maybe an optin to turn it off?

As you see these are not really issues :)

-Mark

Edit: Removed some weird formatting characters ($0$0$0$0).
Oct 23, 2008 at 7:53 AM
Hey Josh, I wanted to test the app, but it doesn't work. You mentioned that VS 2008 is required, but I don't know why? Framework 3.5 is not a problem but why is VS 2008 required???
For editing the code - yes, that's clear. But for execution of the assembly!? Or is it another problem? Could you please include all required assemblies in the bin folder?

I got following error when I try to execute :

EventType : clr20r3     P1 : crack.net.exe     P2 : 1.0.0.0     P3 : 48fdbd27
P4 : presentationframework     P5 : 3.0.0.0     P6 : 470bc696     P7 : 660b
P8 : e1     P9 : system.windows.markup.xamlparse  
Oct 23, 2008 at 8:01 AM
Sicilian,

Make sure you have placed the two Iron**.dll files in the GAC. After I did that I had no problems running the prebuild execuable or compiling and running the code. Also make sure you have .Net 3.5 SP1 installed.

-Mark
Coordinator
Oct 25, 2008 at 5:27 PM
Mark,

Thanks for the feedback.  I had not realized that the IronPython assemblies were not in source control, so I added them.  The latest source code drop contains those assemblies as part of the download.  I will definitely consider implementing the other things you mentioned.  Thanks.

sicilian,

As Mark pointed out, please make sure you add the IronPython assemblies to your GAC before running Crack.NET, and make sure you have .NET 3.5 SP1 installed.  If you are running on a 64-bit version of Windows and are trying to crack a 64-bit app, you must recompile Crack.NET with the 'x64' compiler switch set.

To clarify, you do not need Visual Studio 2008 to run Crack.NET, only to compile it.

Josh